Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Retro-metabolism > Space 2099 The Series

Notices

Old 21st October 2017, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybear View Post
I agree totally! The idea of serialising the shows might be interesting but it would never work for those of us that remember when different channels showed the shows in a different order from each other! One of the great things but the seventies ITV channels!
JB
I was able to see 2 regions for UFO but by the time I got back to 2 regions it was 1978 and both regions I got didn't seem keen on 1999.
ATV's last airing was an unscheduled repeat of The Immunity Syndrome on Xmas Day 1978 to replace 3-2-1 which was cancelled as YTV were on strike.
And while Anglia did give us a real treat by showing a dozen episodes of Year 2 during the school summer holiday mornings of 1978 they ended the repeats mid 1979 and the show never returned. Both seasons got repeats in other regions during the early to mid 80's but neither Anglia or Central showed them.
I picked up recordings from LWT and Granada and apart from the early morning saturday repeats on LWT the rest were cut to pieces. LWT moving it from 9.25 to 11.35 necessitated year one getting 5 minute cuts for each episode.
Regional variations did mean it was possible to get a run of uncut episodes if you knew enough people around the country.
Old 25th December 2017, 07:40 PM
Lazoon

Same here my friend! I could get Anglia and ATV, neither of which seemed keen on repeating Space 1999 in 1982/83! Odd that ATV was the channel behind it as well! I was very lucky because we could pick up LWT as well, not brilliant and it had overlapping but I taped a few of my favourites and kept them for ten years or more before buying the official videos and then the Carlton DVDs before getting the Network beauties in 2010!
JB
Old 17th August 2018, 09:56 AM
Spacehawk

Brian Johnson Special Effects Director
15 August at 07:21
BJ here folks. Am awaiting a green light for an updated version of Space 1999 which will have Eagles and Hawks but some new craft as well. Will be made in the UK and where is TBD and I hope to have more news shortly. Really looking forward to this project. Will report as soon as I have confirmation of the deal.
Onwards and upwards,
Brian
Old 17th August 2018, 04:55 PM
Spacehawk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Desica View Post
Brian Johnson Special Effects Director
15 August at 07:21
BJ here folks. Am awaiting a green light for an updated version of Space 1999 which will have Eagles and Hawks but some new craft as well. Will be made in the UK and where is TBD and I hope to have more news shortly. Really looking forward to this project. Will report as soon as I have confirmation of the deal.
Onwards and upwards,
Brian
I am so glad Brian Johnson is going to be involved!
Old 17th August 2018, 05:26 PM
Skybase Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gerard View Post
I am so glad Brian Johnson is going to be involved!
I'll believe it when I see it all officially announced as "green lighted" by an ITV-authourised source, signed, sealed and in production.

Until then... sorry to be pessimistic, but there have been "false dawns" on Anderson-reboots before...

Until then, I'm not letting this capture my imagination or joining in the speculation.

Boxy
Old 17th August 2018, 08:06 PM
thetaybor

You can understand ITV agreeing to a Thunderbirds reboot. Even though it's kiddie channel fodder the brand alone likely makes it worth ITV's investment.
Apart from a small hardcore Space 1999 isn't the brand that TB is. The general public will recall it as po-faced metaphysical claptrap with Star Wars quality effects and none of the warmth of Star Trek or if they recall Year 2 their opinion might be even worse.

Even in this CGI age a live action show of that kind would be way beyond ITV's budget even to reach the quality of the original series so if it's a reality then surely it must be a TAG style CGI notion that nobody would really want.

If the idea is so hot then rerun the originals. Far higher quality than anything ITV could churn out today and it's been the best part of a decade since they were on ITV4

Last edited by thetaybor; 17th August 2018 at 08:18 PM.
Old 18th August 2018, 06:26 PM
House Keeper Culver Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy View Post
I'll believe it when I see it all officially announced as "green lighted" by an ITV-authourised source, signed, sealed and in production.

Until then... sorry to be pessimistic, but there have been "false dawns" on Anderson-reboots before...

Until then, I'm not letting this capture my imagination or joining in the speculation.

Boxy
Hear, hear.

Producer(s) may have approached ITV about a remake but nothing might come to fruition. It would be better if Brian said something after a deal had been made, not before.
Old 19th August 2018, 11:16 AM
Spacehawk

My advice would be to NEVER say anything about anything until you are 100% sure that it has the green light... even if things look positive. Things do have a tendency to go wrong at the last minute, especially if one tempts fate by telling everyone about it in advance. Which is why I keep my mouth shut about what I am doing or am hoping to do until it's actually out there.

I am surprised that Brian has spoken about this at this early stage, but maybe it looks a certainty to him. His initial twitter message is cause for some interest and excitement among fans... but I would personally treat all this with caution.
Old 7th September 2018, 10:46 PM
Spacehawk

Brian Johnson posted an updated Mark IX Hawk design:
https://www.facebook.com/BrianJohnso...type=3&theater