Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB Magazine

Notices

Old 13th January 2012, 08:34 PM
Spacehawk

Default FAB71 - You are (Un)Invited

For the next issue of FAB due out to Fanderson Members in March 2012 we are seeking your memories and comments on the Thunderbirds episode - The Uninvited.

Submission deadline is Feb24th, so get watching and writing. No that a lot of you do not already know the episode backwards anyway.

If you don't fancy writing a full episode report, why not just leave a few lines below, and we'll print a selection alongside the 'bulk' of the article next issue!

Zombites, Grandma Tracy's apple pie and Scott in grave danger - great episode or not?

Contributions to timelash@fanderson.org.uk

Last edited by Derek Eaton; 13th January 2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 13th January 2012, 08:56 PM
Spacehawk

I do not have any recollection of this episode from a TV broadcast but I know it was one of the first volumes I actually had as Xmas present when the Channel 5 videos became available and affordable. Watched it many times but remember it as the Scott Tracy episode really. Always preferred Virgil and Thunderbird 2 myself (sorry Shane) – perhaps because TB2 meant that we would see this week’s pod vehicle.

Together with the episodes Sunprobe and Terror In New York – they collectively make Thunderbirds 1, 2 and 3 all in need of rescue.

Would have liked to have seen the Zombites fleshed out a bit more but this would have probably been to the detriment of the other characters.

I was fortune to watch the bluray version on a large screen a few months ago and it looks great even though its nearly 50 years old. Kept looking at the detail behind Jeff's desk as you tend to do with the bluray - its all the detail you never saw before.

Last edited by Derek Eaton; 13th January 2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 14th January 2012, 03:15 PM
Moid

If anyone needs to jog their memory, my last update covered THE UNINVITED, with some great screen grabs from the bluray.

check out http://www.rossironfield.blogspot.com/
Old 14th January 2012, 08:44 PM
Supreme Commander

Location: An island in the South Pacific Ocean... Well, several, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Eaton View Post
I do not have any recollection of this episode from a TV broadcast but I know it was one of the first volumes I actually had as Xmas present when the Channel 5 videos became available and affordable. Watched it many times but remember it as the Scott Tracy episode really. Always preferred Virgil and Thunderbird 2 myself (sorry Shane) .
Snap! Although I bought it myself, rather than receiving it as a gift.

This was the first episode that I'd seen in years, since New Zealand TV refused to replay Thunderbirds. I remember having to decide which episode to choose out of all that were available in the HMV store. (Now that's a trip down memory lane in itself. HMV didn't last very long over here.)

And I was slightly disappointed because there wasn't enough Virgil.
Old 15th January 2012, 09:04 PM
Alien

Great work, sir. Like the Secretive Bussers Scarlets, Bishopville's Secret Service one and the early Joe 90s from the Secretive Busboys...Good to see. Have bookmarked it toute de suite. Was doing what Derek wanted us to do take another look at it for refreshment purposes,when I got a phone call so in and hour we advance to the 37 minute mark and take it from there then return here for my slice of the Timelash Pie.....
FAB from Doug 90
Old 15th January 2012, 09:07 PM
Alien

Okay Boss I give up. Those character names under our log-in user names. How do they change from time to time? Is it automatic? From a master list of role names? Or are they fashioned to fit the member??
Saw nothing to that effect when looking up the definition of "Sticky!"
Kamandediesally Yours
Doug
[/COLOR]
Old 16th January 2012, 03:08 AM
R.A.T.

The Uninvited was always one of the childhood favourites of mine, however looking back on it it's a little silly with the Zombites which are more reminiscent of Stingray's villains.

The effects in this episode are top notch, and I have always enjoyed the gunfights and the explosions in the finale.
Old 16th January 2012, 04:28 PM
Zarin

Smile

Already submitted my entry for TimeLash.