Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB Magazine

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 24th November 2010, 02:03 PM
Technodelic's Avatar
Technodelic Technodelic is offline
R.A.T.
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
I am still sort four issues short of the full set, unfortunately these are 1, 2, 3 and 5.
You can have mine - a mere snip at £350!



Each, that is...

I'll keep the offer open til the end of the week...

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 25th November 2010, 02:38 PM
Mike's Avatar
Mike Mike is offline
General Strond
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Paradise Peaks
Posts: 165
Default

Look, I don't want to do you out of the money or anything… But for a while the club has been seriously considering a FAB CD ROM sales item, with pdf files of the first 40 issues of FAB on. Hopefully this will happen one day, and will bring the revenue back to the club (to invest in future projects), not ebay sellers.
__________________
www.mikejonesdesign.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 25th November 2010, 03:47 PM
phelings phelings is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Look, I don't want to do you out of the money or anything… But for a while the club has been seriously considering a FAB CD ROM sales item, with pdf files of the first 40 issues of FAB on. Hopefully this will happen one day, and will bring the revenue back to the club (to invest in future projects), not ebay sellers.
I suggested this myself on a related thread about the ebay discs of Countdown etc.

However - I would say a disc set would only be of interest if it was a complete run at the point of release.
Even those with proper issues would still find a use for having them all stored on a disc although this may be a problem with buyers not bothering with proper back issues.

Whoever owns the rights to do this with TV21 , Countdown and Look-In are seriously missing out.

I applaud the ebay sellers plugging a gap that the official rights holders don't seem to worry about.

Unofficial they may be but with the exception of the initial scanning of the pages the whole enterprise can be run with very litte outlay or risk.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 15th December 2010, 03:22 PM
roose1982's Avatar
roose1982 roose1982 is offline
Moid
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Look, I don't want to do you out of the money or anything… But for a while the club has been seriously considering a FAB CD ROM sales item, with pdf files of the first 40 issues of FAB on. Hopefully this will happen one day, and will bring the revenue back to the club (to invest in future projects), not ebay sellers.
Mike, I think thats an excellent idea (in fact im sure i've suggested it before elsewhere on this forum)

It would be nice to have a complete set, however, i understand the logic of having issues 1-40 as these are mostly sold out now.

Ross
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 16th December 2010, 05:46 PM
Silent Bob's Avatar
Silent Bob Silent Bob is offline
Spacehawk
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alderley Edge
Posts: 620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
I applaud the ebay sellers plugging a gap that the official rights holders don't seem to worry about.

Unofficial they may be but with the exception of the initial scanning of the pages the whole enterprise can be run with very litte outlay or risk.
The sellers on eBay should not be applauded, they DID NOT do the scanning! Project21 did the scanning, the sellers on eBay are just making money off other peoples hard work.
That why i posted the links for all the Countdowns and most of the TV21's on here.
__________________
Ve haff meat here in ze building...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 25th December 2010, 05:45 PM
deklerkt deklerkt is offline
Zarin
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bussum, the Netherlands
Posts: 114
Default DIGITAL = easy money in the wrong pocket

That remains the problem with all things digital.The one that does the work (scanning, recording, DVD menu/titles) only has to release a single copy to the wrong person and that one makes instant 5-minutes copies on CD or DVD and gets the money for no work. Not to mention avoiding licensing rights.

I'd love a (searchable) PDF version of FAB - so I can quickly find something instead of flipping through my complete set of FABs, Or SiG's,. Or Century 21. Or...

Theo
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 30th December 2010, 01:20 AM
phelings phelings is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
The sellers on eBay should not be applauded, they DID NOT do the scanning! Project21 did the scanning, the sellers on eBay are just making money off other peoples hard work.
That why i posted the links for all the Countdowns and most of the TV21's on here.
Do Project 21 offer dvd's of the magazines for sale?
If they don't then the ebay sellers are fulfilling a need and I applaud them regardless of who did the spade work
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 30th December 2010, 06:46 AM
Technodelic's Avatar
Technodelic Technodelic is offline
R.A.T.
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
If they don't then the ebay sellers are fulfilling a need and I applaud them regardless of who did the spade work
No, Project 21 offered them as free downloads...

Perhaps when someone steals and takes credit for all the hard work you do - and makes money out of it - you'll see what a stupid and thoughtless comment that actually is...

__________________
Currently on eBay
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 8th January 2011, 12:31 AM
phelings phelings is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technodelic View Post
No, Project 21 offered them as free downloads...

Perhaps when someone steals and takes credit for all the hard work you do - and makes money out of it - you'll see what a stupid and thoughtless comment that actually is...

Perhaps when you learn the meaning of the word "enterprise" you'll realise how stupid your comment is too.

As for "stealing your work". Isn't that what the people who scanned them in the first place were doing?
Or were they doing it out of the goodness of their hearts?

I don't have any time for the opinion thats its fine to do something illegal as long as no profit is made.

Its an absolute bullshit view.
Just because they were offering free downloads makes no difference to the legality of the practice.

Maybe if people knew about the downloads they would go for them but as they don't (I didn't) they will continue to buy off ebay and more power to the people who put the stuff on there .

Regardless of your sanctimonious post its no good if people want the content and have no way of getting it because they don't know where to get it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:33 PM.


Fanderson - The Official Gerry Anderson Appreciation Society is a non-profit making organisation endorsed by Anderson
Entertainment Ltd., The Indestructible Production Company Ltd., ITV Global Entertainment and ITC Entertainment Group Ltd.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.