Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB Magazine

Notices

Old 24th November 2010, 02:03 PM
R.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
I am still sort four issues short of the full set, unfortunately these are 1, 2, 3 and 5.
You can have mine - a mere snip at £350!

Each, that is...

I'll keep the offer open til the end of the week...

Old 25th November 2010, 02:38 PM
General Strond

Look, I don't want to do you out of the money or anything… But for a while the club has been seriously considering a FAB CD ROM sales item, with pdf files of the first 40 issues of FAB on. Hopefully this will happen one day, and will bring the revenue back to the club (to invest in future projects), not ebay sellers.
Old 25th November 2010, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Look, I don't want to do you out of the money or anything… But for a while the club has been seriously considering a FAB CD ROM sales item, with pdf files of the first 40 issues of FAB on. Hopefully this will happen one day, and will bring the revenue back to the club (to invest in future projects), not ebay sellers.
I suggested this myself on a related thread about the ebay discs of Countdown etc.

However - I would say a disc set would only be of interest if it was a complete run at the point of release.
Even those with proper issues would still find a use for having them all stored on a disc although this may be a problem with buyers not bothering with proper back issues.

Whoever owns the rights to do this with TV21 , Countdown and Look-In are seriously missing out.

I applaud the ebay sellers plugging a gap that the official rights holders don't seem to worry about.

Unofficial they may be but with the exception of the initial scanning of the pages the whole enterprise can be run with very litte outlay or risk.
Old 15th December 2010, 03:22 PM
Moid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Mike, I think thats an excellent idea (in fact im sure i've suggested it before elsewhere on this forum)

It would be nice to have a complete set, however, i understand the logic of having issues 1-40 as these are mostly sold out now.

Ross
Old 16th December 2010, 05:46 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
I applaud the ebay sellers plugging a gap that the official rights holders don't seem to worry about.

Unofficial they may be but with the exception of the initial scanning of the pages the whole enterprise can be run with very litte outlay or risk.
The sellers on eBay should not be applauded, they DID NOT do the scanning! Project21 did the scanning, the sellers on eBay are just making money off other peoples hard work.
That why i posted the links for all the Countdowns and most of the TV21's on here.
Old 25th December 2010, 05:45 PM
Zarin

Default DIGITAL = easy money in the wrong pocket

That remains the problem with all things digital.The one that does the work (scanning, recording, DVD menu/titles) only has to release a single copy to the wrong person and that one makes instant 5-minutes copies on CD or DVD and gets the money for no work. Not to mention avoiding licensing rights.

I'd love a (searchable) PDF version of FAB - so I can quickly find something instead of flipping through my complete set of FABs, Or SiG's,. Or Century 21. Or...

Theo
Old 30th December 2010, 01:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
The sellers on eBay should not be applauded, they DID NOT do the scanning! Project21 did the scanning, the sellers on eBay are just making money off other peoples hard work.
That why i posted the links for all the Countdowns and most of the TV21's on here.
Do Project 21 offer dvd's of the magazines for sale?
If they don't then the ebay sellers are fulfilling a need and I applaud them regardless of who did the spade work
Old 30th December 2010, 06:46 AM
R.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
If they don't then the ebay sellers are fulfilling a need and I applaud them regardless of who did the spade work
No, Project 21 offered them as free downloads...

Perhaps when someone steals and takes credit for all the hard work you do - and makes money out of it - you'll see what a stupid and thoughtless comment that actually is...

Old 8th January 2011, 12:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technodelic View Post
No, Project 21 offered them as free downloads...

Perhaps when someone steals and takes credit for all the hard work you do - and makes money out of it - you'll see what a stupid and thoughtless comment that actually is...

Perhaps when you learn the meaning of the word "enterprise" you'll realise how stupid your comment is too.

As for "stealing your work". Isn't that what the people who scanned them in the first place were doing?
Or were they doing it out of the goodness of their hearts?

I don't have any time for the opinion thats its fine to do something illegal as long as no profit is made.

Its an absolute bullshit view.
Just because they were offering free downloads makes no difference to the legality of the practice.

Maybe if people knew about the downloads they would go for them but as they don't (I didn't) they will continue to buy off ebay and more power to the people who put the stuff on there .

Regardless of your sanctimonious post its no good if people want the content and have no way of getting it because they don't know where to get it.