Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Harlington Straker Studios

Notices

Old 26th October 2013, 10:22 PM
Jason Smith

Default anderson break bumpers

I've seen break bumpers for 'supercar' & 'stingray' on youtube,can anyone upload for me bumpers for 'fireball XL5' 'thunderbirds 'captain scarlet' 'joe 90' UFO' & 'space 1999' please? were they all static captions?
Old 27th October 2013, 08:46 PM
Banned

I can't recall the bumpers for pre UFO shows but the bumpers for UFO are on the dvd set ( at least the Australian one - not sure about the UK one) which show a UFO flying away from the screen then toward the screen after the break.
Space 1999 bumpers were static images with a bit of music from the theme.
The music for the Y1/Y2 bumpers appears on the Fanderson cd's.
The Y1 bumpers appear on the Network releases.
Presumably the Y2 release will be the same.

I'm guessing the Granada versions of Y2 I saw where often they would place an ad break in the middle of scene with a Y1 bumper out and Y2 bumper back in was simply Granada incompetence rather than something official
Old 27th October 2013, 09:00 PM
R.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPC1 View Post
I've seen break bumpers for 'supercar' & 'stingray' on youtube,can anyone upload for me bumpers for 'fireball XL5' 'thunderbirds 'captain scarlet' 'joe 90' UFO' & 'space 1999' please? were they all static captions?
The Captain Scarlet and Joe 90 bumpers were built into the episodes - the Scarlet was was the Spectrum roundel moving away or towards the viewer, to a staccato beat, intercut with the scene preceding or following. The Joe 90 one was the scene reducing away or zooming in. I believe these were all retained on the DVD sets.
Old 28th October 2013, 04:24 PM
Spacehawk

One of the Thunderbirds ad bumpers was Thunderbird 2 landing and taking off from London airport from Trapped in the Sky.
Old 30th October 2013, 11:37 AM
Dreisenberg Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technodelic View Post
The Captain Scarlet and Joe 90 bumpers were built into the episodes - the Scarlet was was the Spectrum roundel moving away or towards the viewer, to a staccato beat, intercut with the scene preceding or following. The Joe 90 one was the scene reducing away or zooming in. I believe these were all retained on the DVD sets.
Although Captain Scarlet disc 2 states "Captain Scarlet bumper cards" as a special feature, I've not been able to find them.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the original break stings were different to the Spectrum logo and drumbeat, though.

The Silva Screen soundtrack CDs from CS and Joe 90 carry tracks labelled "commercial break" or "break sting", and I've found a frame grab of Captain Scarlet (attached). Rather than accompanied by the drum beat, I seem to remember seeing this accompanied by the track on the CD. Or am I imagining things?

Of course, what we saw often depended on which ITV company we were watching.....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Captain Scarlet studio EOPO.pdf (824.5 KB, 26 views)
Old 3rd November 2013, 12:55 AM
Jason Smith

that was the LWT static caption with their logo on the bottom right hand corner you were speaking that appeared briefly in one of the ITV trailers uploaded on TV ark.
Old 24th January 2014, 09:57 AM
Lab Monkey

the Captain scarlet one is the Spectrum badge zooming away and then back again after the ads - smooth zoom, no staccatto cuts

the music is a 5 note fanfare: the 4 notes of 'Cap-tain Scar-let' from the theme and then a resolving chord - its played by a small orchestra if I remember rightly

cheers
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:57 PM
Main Mission Operative

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
I can't recall the bumpers for pre UFO shows but the bumpers for UFO are on the dvd set ( at least the Australian one - not sure about the UK one) which show a UFO flying away from the screen then toward the screen after the break.
Space 1999 bumpers were static images with a bit of music from the theme.
The music for the Y1/Y2 bumpers appears on the Fanderson cd's.
The Y1 bumpers appear on the Network releases.
Presumably the Y2 release will be the same.

I'm guessing the Granada versions of Y2 I saw where often they would place an ad break in the middle of scene with a Y1 bumper out and Y2 bumper back in was simply Granada incompetence rather than something official
Phelings mentions ad bumpers for UFO on the Australian Umbrella DVD set.
I recently purchased this set,and have been unable to locate them.Do you know which disk they are contained on.Are they perhaps an Easter Egg.
Any help appreciated.
Old 27th March 2016, 04:27 PM
Main Mission Operative

Thanks all for looking,but now confirmed UFO Ad bumpers not on the Australian Umbrella set.
They are known to exist,hope they turn up on the upcoming Network Blu-ray.
Old 27th March 2016, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elder7uk View Post
Thanks all for looking,but now confirmed UFO Ad bumpers not on the Australian Umbrella set.
They are known to exist,hope they turn up on the upcoming Network Blu-ray.
I'd forgotten my earlier post where I said they were on the Oz set so I'm going to look at the discs themselves in the computer and see if I was mistaken or if they are easter eggs.
I wouldn't have posted had I not seen them so if they're not on the Oz set I'm wondering where I saw them.
I guess it might possibly be any one of the various Anderson documentaries floating around.
I can't find them on Youtube.