Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Harlington Straker Studios

Notices

Old 28th March 2016, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPC1 View Post
according to a issue in century 21 in the early 90s by a fan in the south west of england that TSW(television south west) did not show UFO in the late 80s either.
Quite possible.
It was never a certainty we would have the repeats nationwide.
Space 1999 was repeated in the early to mid 80's (including TSW) but neither of the regions I could get , Anglia , ATV/Central showed it
Old 14th January 2017, 09:58 PM
Jason Smith

If you go on YouTube type in 'Betamax continuity 9 1981-90' & look out in the middle of the compilation you'll see the closing credits of 'U.F.O.'
Then Phil fothergill of anglia tv mentioning the UFORIA 2 convention with 'anglia through the night' as the second night time service on ITV to mention the series after TVS' 'late night late'.
Old 14th January 2017, 10:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
If you go on YouTube type in 'Betamax continuity 9 1981-90' & look out in the middle of the compilation you'll see the closing credits of 'U.F.O.'
Then Phil fothergill of anglia tv mentioning the UFORIA 2 convention with 'anglia through the night' as the second night time service on ITV to mention the series after TVS' 'late night late'.
I've not looked at the clips yet but is this one with a mention of someone called Katie Runcieman?
Don't know why but when I saw your post that name popped into my head.

Good old Fothergill. Along with him and Mr Midnight AKA Paul Lavers those were the glory days of Throught the Night ITV. And it did take them quite a few years to ruin it entirely. They usually screwed good things up much quicker
Old 15th January 2017, 11:50 AM
Battlehawk

I have fond memories of watching UFO on Anglia now and again at my Grandad's house on his black and white TV. These were the days when every broadcast was invaluable as, due to the haphazard scheduling at the time, you never quite knew when or if you were going to see the entire series.

There were definitely episodes that I didn't see until they were repeated in the '80s.
Old 15th January 2017, 09:03 PM
Jason Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
I've not looked at the clips yet but is this one with a mention of someone called Katie Runcieman?
Don't know why but when I saw your post that name popped into my head.

Good old Fothergill. Along with him and Mr Midnight AKA Paul Lavers those were the glory days of Throught the Night ITV. And it did take them quite a few years to ruin it entirely. They usually screwed good things up much quicker
Yes it was the one when he mentioned Katie's name & send it to her for more information and register for the Manchester convention in 1989.
Old 15th January 2017, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes it was the one when he mentioned Katie's name & send it to her for more information and register for the Manchester convention in 1989.
Is she still about? Involved in Anderson at all?
Old 17th January 2017, 11:07 AM
Dr. Cedric Agon

Quote:
Katie is indeed still around and has had a long association with the Anderson World in being a past Fanderson committee member, convention organiser and contributor for a number of years as well as being a damn good friend.
Probably better known for some time now as Katie Bleathman. married to some bloke who does drawings and paintings. (sorry Graham ).

Stephen Brown
Old 17th January 2017, 06:59 PM
Battlehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post
Katie is indeed still around and has had a long association with the Anderson World in being a past Fanderson committee member, convention organiser and contributor for a number of years as well as being a damn good friend.
Probably better known for some time now as Katie Bleathman. married to some bloke who does drawings and paintings. (sorry Graham ).

Stephen Brown
I had a feeling that was who she was! I've corresponded with them both on and off for a great number of years. I have a feeling I spoke to them both at the Fanderson convention in 2015. Funny how lives intersect and combine. Which reminds me, I was going to drop them a line re the UFORIA2 brochure...
Old 19th July 2017, 07:42 PM
Lazoon

Default UFO repeats on Anglia 1989 information

Hi there,
I wonder if anyone can help me with the order of UFO episodes repeated on Anglia television in 1989? The show was put on at the ridiculous time of 200am as you may recall and unfortunately my memory has let me down somewhat as to what the exact order was. I know that Identified, Exposed and Survival were the first three shows and Cat With Ten Lives and The Responsibility Seat were the final two. If anyone can help me I'd be most grateful...
JB
Old 20th July 2017, 12:12 PM
Battlehawk

Another Fanderson/forum member gave me these details...

As far as I'm aware transmission dates are as follows
9th Nov 88 0200 Identified
30th Nov 88 0200 Confetti etc etc
21st Dec 88 0200 A Question of Priorities
15th Feb 89 0200 ESP
22nd March 89 0200 The Psychobombs