Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Harlington Straker Studios > Identified

Notices

Old 13th July 2017, 09:50 AM
Alien

Location: Australia - never been anywhere else...and barely seen much of Oz come to think of it.
Default TV21 Metal Badges

I was showing a visitor some of my Gerry Anderson items - both vintage and current.

I say some of them because at the moment it's a mess, with stuff I've forgotten I'd bought, some I have bought but currently can't find and some I know exactly where they are - still in their packaging. Sigh. I've been meaning to fix it up for ages.

I have some of the Fanderson metal badges including the TV21 badge and my visitor remembered the adverts in TV21 for the original metal badge.

Somewhere in the room is (I hope) an original TV21 metal badge. Well I assume it's the original that I've 'packed away somewhere' as the other one is with all my Fanderson items. I know they look remarkably similar so, assuming I find the missing one, and just in case I mixed them up, what differences (if any) are there between the vintage badge and the Fanderson repro?

I've already had to go back through purchasing records to sort out papers, booklets etc to establish which are original and which are repros. Sometimes it's easy - mostly because of the paper used or what I remember from my childhood, but a couple of times it's been a bit of a headache.
Old 13th July 2017, 07:02 PM
Dr. Cedric Agon

[QUOTE=Keryn;31140]I was showing a visitor some of my Gerry Anderson items - both vintage and current.

I say some of them because at the moment it's a mess, with stuff I've forgotten I'd bought, some I have bought but currently can't find and some I know exactly where they are - still in their packaging. Sigh. I've been meaning to fix it up for ages.

I have some of the Fanderson metal badges including the TV21 badge and my visitor remembered the adverts in TV21 for the original metal badge.

Somewhere in the room is (I hope) an original TV21 metal badge. Well I assume it's the original that I've 'packed away somewhere' as the other one is with all my Fanderson items. I know they look remarkably similar so, assuming I find the missing one, and just in case I mixed them up, what differences (if any) are there between the vintage badge and the Fanderson repro?

Hi ,

the Fanderson version has TV 21 imprinted onto the back of the badge. We partly did this to avoid anyone trying to sell ours off as an original and of course it comes in very useful in circumstances like yours. Hope that helps.

Stephen Brown
Fanderson Sales
Old 14th July 2017, 03:30 AM
Alien

Location: Australia - never been anywhere else...and barely seen much of Oz come to think of it.

Brilliant. I have to admit I didn't look at the back at the time. Sure enough, the badge with all my other Fanderson items is the repro, just as I expected it to be.

Best of all, I've found the original TV21 badge last night. Just as well the backs are different.

Now if I could just find some other GA items I know are in the house somewhere........