Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > FAB News

Notices

Old 28th October 2017, 03:17 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnapollo View Post
Not disagreeing with you as I think I was about the first to order one after it was announced it was available.
Yes, oddly enough I lost my enthusiasm for calendars as fan merchandise for some reason - possibly because I don't use calendars much any more. When Fanderson did 'full size calendars' (at least the two I bought at the time, which IIRC were 'Space: 1999' related) I remember thinking that the colour was a bit 'muddy' looking, at least to my eyes.

Maybe smaller sized calendars have better colour reproduction (and I assume are a bit cheaper to produce than full size ones for what I would have thought is a fairly limited section of interested members?)

When it comes to thinking up new merchandise for the club, I should think it's quite a hard job deciding for sure (or predicting) what will sell well with club members - and what won't!
Old 29th October 2017, 12:16 AM
Moid

Must admit I do find a calendars useful beside the phone.

And now there is this;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Captain-Sca...aptain+scarlet

Keith
Old 29th October 2017, 03:49 PM
Dr. Cedric Agon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morris View Post
When Fanderson did 'full size calendars' (at least the two I bought at the time, which IIRC were 'Space: 1999' related) I remember thinking that the colour was a bit 'muddy' looking, at least to my eyes.

Maybe smaller sized calendars have better colour reproduction (and I assume are a bit cheaper to produce than full size ones for what I would have thought is a fairly limited section of interested members?)

When it comes to thinking up new merchandise for the club, I should think it's quite a hard job deciding for sure (or predicting) what will sell well with club members - and what won't!

Just a small technical point Simon..This new calendar is a first for the club, we've never produced our own in house calendar before. The larger format versions from the past were all commercial releases that we held stock of.

The 2018 Calendar is very much an experiment. We were given permission to produce a very limited run of 250 , over half sold at the convention at which point we sought permission to sell the rest to all club members. Because of that limited run costs od course were higher hence the smaller format. We do still have some left but I suspect that they will be sold out by the end of the year.

regards

Stephen Brown
Fanderson Sales
Old 29th October 2017, 06:01 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post
Just a small technical point Simon..This new calendar is a first for the club, we've never produced our own in house calendar before. The larger format versions from the past were all commercial releases that we held stock of.

The 2018 Calendar is very much an experiment. We were given permission to produce a very limited run of 250 , over half sold at the convention at which point we sought permission to sell the rest to all club members. Because of that limited run costs od course were higher hence the smaller format. We do still have some left but I suspect that they will be sold out by the end of the year.

regards

Stephen Brown
Fanderson Sales

Hello Stephen

Many thanks for filling in the background. The old calendars that I remember (vaguely) were several years ago now...

As I have said before, there's much more to this Sales and Merchandising lark than I suspect most of us realise!
Old 3rd November 2017, 04:39 AM
Zarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by big rat View Post
"ive just orded mine thank you
got it thank you very much
Old 3rd November 2017, 08:24 AM
World President

Quote:
Must admit I do find a calendars useful beside the phone.

And now there is this;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Captain-Sca...aptain+scarlet

Keith
A 2018 Captain Scarlet calendar! Just ordered one - and because I inadvertently signed up for a one month free trial of Amazon Prime, no P&P and it should be here tomorrow! (Must remember to cancel within 30 days!)
Old 3rd November 2017, 10:26 PM
Main Mission Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Desica View Post
A 2018 Captain Scarlet calendar! Just ordered one - and because I inadvertently signed up for a one month free trial of Amazon Prime, no P&P and it should be here tomorrow! (Must remember to cancel within 30 days!)
You can cancel your Prime today and it will continue to work until the free period is up. You won't lose out
Old 4th November 2017, 09:26 AM
World President

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinspector View Post
You can cancel your Prime today and it will continue to work until the free period is up. You won't lose out
Thanks. I have no idea how I signed up for it in the first place. Oh well, it might come in useful for a month anyway - what with the Christmas shopping!
Old 4th November 2017, 08:13 PM
Moid

It's easy done. I did it myself. They are a bit sneaky and make it look like you are just progressing through your order, but they sneak in a link which joins you up to the Prime service.

Keith
Old 5th November 2017, 10:21 AM
World President

Quote:
It's easy done. I did it myself. They are a bit sneaky and make it look like you are just progressing through your order, but they sneak in a link which joins you up to the Prime service.

Keith
Thanks. That's interesting - that's exactly what happened to me. It also happened to my dad, as he was buying some computer software or something, which I thought was a strange coincidence. Yes, it's a bit cheeky of them and I'm sure they'll benefit from it. Equally, I'm sure they must realise that they are going to get a lot of Prime cancellations almost immediately!

BTW, the calendar has arrived, but it will remain unopened until either birthday or Christmas...