Go Back   Fanderson Forum > Public Forum > Thunderbirds Are Go!

Notices

Old 24th October 2017, 10:28 PM
Seal Cub

Default Interesting, very interesting.

Fans might like this link including ITV Thunderbirds LTD accounts up to 31/12/16. Sales of TAG over 7M. Can't make head nor tale of the accounts.Can't see how a 410K loss becomes a 35K profit. Confused? So am I. You can view a PDF and download it as well. Companies house beta website. Link is https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

Last edited by colin glover; 24th October 2017 at 10:30 PM.
Old 25th October 2017, 11:15 AM
Skybase Engineer

What

The

Heck!

Admin on the Thunderbirds Wiki.
Old 25th October 2017, 11:23 AM
Spacehawk

Unless you're an accountant or someone used to looking at accounts, I think it's too easy to read all sorts of things into them.
Old 25th October 2017, 04:28 PM
Seal Cub

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyus24 View Post
What

The

Heck!
I thought that. Can't make head nor tail of them.
Old 25th October 2017, 05:43 PM
Shadbolt

I suspect these are meaningless when taken on their own - this is probably just some sort of construct underneath ITV as a whole that provides some isolation for the actual Thunderbirds production.

Sales (I think) are handled by ITV Global (which deals with whole loads of things), and if you look at the same info on that part of the ITVoperation it shows the same sort of info:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

A turnover of over nearly 150M but a "profit" of only 8M

ITV as a whole however claims a profit of over 500M (assuming I'm reading things correctly).

All far too complicated for mere mortals to understand I suspect.

[I would however like to know why there is no new mechandising yet given that we're already into the run up to Christmas - where's the Superscale TB-1 gone?]

FAB_61
Old 25th October 2017, 05:58 PM
Spacehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB_61 View Post
[I would however like to know why there is no new mechandising yet given that we're already into the run up to Christmas - where's the Superscale TB-1 gone?]

FAB_61
Cancelled, as have the Penny and Parker figures

Thunderbirds Are Go! - Comin' To The Rescue
https://youtu.be/P1C5JE8MZi4
Old 25th October 2017, 06:18 PM
Shadbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram K Hackenbacker View Post
Cancelled, as have the Penny and Parker figures
That's a shame - I was hoping to get it (and them) to add to the others.

Presumably either partly as a result of Vivid being sold or Takara-Tomy not being interested in them for the Japan market (where even the Kayo figure was never sold).

FAB_61
Old 26th October 2017, 07:03 AM
General Strond

I was looking forward to Vivid's toy of the Mechnic's ship that they announced too.

Last year Takara Tomy cancelled several diecast Thunderbirds Are Go toys that they planned to make - Kayo & Shadow Bike; Scott & Lunar Buggy; Alan, John & Space Board, and their 'real-kit' range stopped too.

Still the toys had a good run for a couple of years which is probably fair for a TV series based toy range these days. Matchbox and Vivid's 1990s Thunderbirds, Stingray and Captain Scarlet toys were around for a similar length of time.

Kids will move on to whatever is the next cool thing.
Old 26th October 2017, 09:55 AM
Supreme Commander

I'm gutted about the Lady P and Parker figures. I really wanted to get them for my collection, and for a custom set up too.

I blame ITV for this, simply because the gap between the two halves of season 2 was too long.
As a result the interest and demand has attrophied, as the kids have moved on.
I bet the same thing has happened in Japan as they have to wait for the UK to screen epiaodes first.

Does anyone know if Vivid still have the liscence? The PR blurb suggested they will be expanding and doing more, rather than less!
Old 26th October 2017, 12:49 PM
Shadbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie View Post
I was looking forward to Vivid's toy of the Mechnic's ship that they announced too.

Last year Takara Tomy cancelled several diecast Thunderbirds Are Go toys that they planned to make - Kayo & Shadow Bike; Scott & Lunar Buggy; Alan, John & Space Board, and their 'real-kit' range stopped too.

Still the toys had a good run for a couple of years which is probably fair for a TV series based toy range these days. Matchbox and Vivid's 1990s Thunderbirds, Stingray and Captain Scarlet toys were around for a similar length of time.

Kids will move on to whatever is the next cool thing.
I'm part way thru building up the "real kits" - they're great, the "mole pod" one is even motorised. The TB-2.2 at 1:144 scale is an interesting comparison in size to the same scale Takara of the orig TB 2; and the TB-S has some "light up" engines you can fit.

However, when I was in Japan at Easter this year all of the other toys were already in the bargain section of "ToysRUs" - so the marketing was clearly on a downhill slope in Japan by then.

I suspect the gap in new episodes being shown hasn't helped but it would have needed some better kickstarting at this point than ITV seem to have wanted to push.

At the risk of turning this into a complete "downer" - does anyone know how production of Series 3 is getting on?

FAB_61