The 19th issue of the hit fanzine Andersonic is now here!
There’s an interview with APF’s sculptor/puppetry supervisor, Mary Turner, who worked on the puppet series from Torchy to The Secret Service and along with John Read. Amongst other things, Mary spills the beans about who Marina was really based on….
There’s also an interview with Ken Holt about his time working at Century 21 on UFO and his involvement in The Investigator. Make sure to read this to find out what links a bi-plane, green paint and a very unfortunate ram!
- Black Sun – a look at the first draft of David Weir’s script for this popular early episode of Space:1999
- The Cat with Ten Lives – one of UFO’s finest episodes goes under the microscope
- Still Flying High – assembled writers look at why Thunderbirds has lasted this long and pick their favourite moments
- Reviews – the ‘Filmed in Supermarionation’ documentary and other releases
- Strip Story – an individual comic strip story is dissected to see what makes it tick. This issue – TV21′s Fireball story ‘Electrode 909′ drawn by Mike Noble.
Issue 19 of Andersonic comprises 44 pages with colour inner and outer covers, and features brand new art by Richard Smith.
Order your issue today at www.andersonic.co.uk
Fanderson has been given a first glimpse of two exciting new products from Tactic Games that will be released to celebrate the 50th anniversary of classic Thunderbirds. Both games form part of ITV Studios Global Entertainment’s new range of Gerry Anderson licensed products announced in March.
The Thunderbirds Classic 50th Anniversary Chess Game features a 29.2 x 29.2 cm playing board with capped corners, a leather-style matt finish and an image of Thunderbird 3 in the centre. The playing pieces are beautifully finished in silver and gun metal plating, and are made from die cast chrome. The two sides comprise:
- Jeff Tracy – King
- Lady Penelope – Queen
- Thunderbird 3 – Bishop X 2
- Thunderbird 2 – Knight X 2
- Thunderbird 1 – Castle
- The Thunderbirds – Pawns
The Thunderbirds Classic 50th Anniversary Trivia Game comes with 1,000 questions based upon the episodes from the iconic TV show. There will be 400 question cards, including 100 picture cards. The set also includes multiple choice answers, a circular playing board and collecting bases (scoring discs), 36 x scoring pieces and 6 playing pawns.
Prices and release dates for both products have yet to be released.
2015 marks the 50th anniversary of Thunderbirds. Celebrations include events, commemorative and limited edition merchandise and a new series re-imagining this all time classic for a new generation: Thunderbirds Are Go
. Thunderbirds Are Go airs on CITV and ITV every Saturday at 8am.