Anderson Entertainment and private collector Jim Winch have purchased one the three one-off cars produced by Century 21 for Gerry Anderson’s live-action feature film, Doppelganger. This vehicle is in far better condition than its counterparts (which were used as Straker’s car and Foster’s car in UFO). The Doppelganger car will be restored to movie-condition over the coming months! We can’t wait for it to make its first appearance before the fans!
From 17-18th May, the RAF Museum Cosford will be hosting one of the largest ever exhibitions of original puppets and memorabilia from the iconic shows of Gerry and Sylvia Anderson. The event will feature a wide range of original puppets of iconic characters, including Lady Penelope, Joe 90, Steve Zodiac, Captain Scarlet, Father Unwin and many more.
Many of the puppets are newly discovered and restored and are on public display for the first time, including:
- the ‘smiler’ Joe 90
- Rhapsody Angel
- Fraser from the Captain Scarlet episode Crater 101
There will also be a stunning display of models, costumes, vehicles and sets from Space 1999 and UFO, courtesy of the All Sections Alpha exhibition team. Their largest display ever will include newly discovered original models from UFO,. There will also be a once in a lifetime opportunity to view the original Eagle One and Eagle Two 44″ studio models, amongst many others.
The exhibition will be taking place in the National Cold War Exhibition against a backdrop of aircraft which inspired the look and design of many of Gerry Anderson shows.
The event runs from 10.00AM to 16.30PM, with free admission to the exhibition.
There is also the chance to buy tickets for exclusive guest talks at the Museum. Taking place in the bunker style Lecture Theatre, visitors will be treated to an audience with creators, producers, model makers, puppeteers and voice artists, including:
- Sylvia Anderson; co-creator, producer and the voice of Lady Penelope
- Brian Johnson; special effects Thunderbirds and Space 1999, 2001, Oscar winner for The Empire Strikes Back
- Alan Shubrook; model maker Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90, The Secret Service, UFO.*
- Mary Turner; puppeteer, puppet designer, Supercar through to Secret Service.
* Alan will be providing an exclusive presentation of his own collection of backstage photos from his days working on the shows Tony Day; model maker Thunderbird 6 and Doppleganger.
One day tickets cost £25.00, weekend tickets cost £40.00 and are available to buy online.
The tickets include entry to guest seminars and Free car parking.