Billed as the UK’s biggest Space:1999 convention, Alpha 2014 will play host to a staggering range of guests connected with the making of this iconic series.
Running from 12 – 15 September, Alpha:2014 will be held at the Holiday Inn – Peterborough West. The hotel has excellent facilities including a gym, pool and jacuzzi. Transport links are excellent, with easy access to the A1, A14 and A47 motorways, and by train to Peterborough from London’s Kings Cross.
The guest list includes:
- Brian Johnson – special effects wizard
- Catherine Schell – Maya the Metamorph
- Nick Tate - Chief Eagle Pilot Alan Carter
- Anton Phillips - Dr Bob Mathias
- Sarah Bullen - Operative Kate
- Suzanne Heimer – stand-in for Barbara Bain
- Suzanne Roquette - Tanya Alexander
- Pam Rose – various roles in Year 2
- Paul Weston – security guards and other stunt-related extras
- Christopher Penfold – story consultant and script writer
- Jamie Anderson – son of Gerry Anderson and head of Anderson Entertainment
There will also be a charity auction with all proceeds donated to the Alzheimer’s Society.
For more information check out the Alpha 2014 website or visit their Facebook Page
The Future is Fantastic! And 2nd – 4th October 2015 is going to be a particularly special time to be a fan of Gerry Anderson. Start counting the days: Fanderson will be holding its first full-weekend convention in five years in 2015!
Scheduled to coincide with the 50th anniversary of Thunderbirds and soon after the launch of the new series, there’s never been a better time to attend a Gerry Anderson convention. It’s a chance to catch up with old friends and make new ones. These events are all about making great memories and celebrating with your fellow fans, so we thought we’d share some of our favourite convention snaps to get you in the mood!
The Future is Fantastic
offers fans an entire weekend of entertainment, including:
- rare screenings
- special guest appearances and talks
- displays of models, puppets and artwork
- exclusive merchandise
- interactive workshops
…and a few little surprises!
We’ve selected the Holiday Inn Maidenhead as the venue for the event following extremely positive feedback from attendees at Expect the Unexpected, where we celebrated the 30th anniversary of Terrahawks last year.The hotel is a short drive from the AP Films, Century 21 and Pinewood studios, and a vast number of filming locations just waiting to be explored.
Maidenhead is just over half an hour on the train from London Paddington, and the hotel is conveniently located near the M25, M4 and M40 motorways, as well as Heathrow Airport for anyone planning to come from overseas.
Registrations for The Future is Fantastic will open soon, so save the date (2nd – 4th October 2015), and stay tuned to www.fanderson.org.uk for more details!