We are saddened to hear of the death of Robert Vaughn today, aged 83.
Vaughn starred as Harry Rule in both seasons of The Protectors, the Andersons’ live-action crime thriller that was produced between 1971 to 1973.
Although he was prolific screen actor, he is perhaps best known for the role of Napoleon Solo in the 1960s spy parody The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Other notable roles include the villainous Ross Webster in Superman III and, more recently, aging con artist Albert Stroller in Hustle.
He will be missed by all fans of cult TV and film.
Have you got yours? FAB 75 – latest issue of Fanderson’s magazine for club members – is starting to hit doormats in the UK and around the world.
Boasting a beautiful piece of cover artwork produced exclusively for the issue by artist Graham Bleathman, FAB 75 features something to please every discerning fan of Gerry Anderson, including:
- a celebration of the work and life of the Century 21 unit production photographer, Doug Luke
- a detailed examination of the weird and wonderful automobiles of The Protectors
- a fascinating study of how Thunderbirds was received in Holland
- the final part of our history of the 1990s Fleetway comics, ending with Joe 90.
- a fan retrospective on the 2nd Thunderbirds film – Thunderbird 6
FAB magazine is available exclusively to Fanderson club members. If you want to know what all the fuss is about then you know what you need to do…!
Find out how to join Fanderson