fanderson cards.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    1347 Sean Fox
    Participant

the cards i got with my membership how do i get the rest

3403 KEITH ANSELL
    Participant

Hi Steve
    The cards were a nice surprise
    I presume you will be issuing a further 10 cards with each of the next 3 issues of FAB magazine to complete the set?
    Talking about Fanderson cards I would love to see the club finally issue the remaining Supermarionation cards to complete that set. Any chances?

1347 Sean Fox
    Participant

hopefully. thanks for answering. just been buying the ufo/captain scarlet/secret service cards. not having a set is annoying. just wondered what was going on.. any way here for a while.

9289 Simon Maxwell
    Participant

I’ve received FAB 97 and the cards. But I’m a bit disappointed that for the second issue in a row I’ve not received a membership badge or membership card. FAB 96 was the first issue of my membership renewal. I didn’t receive a badge or card with FAB 96, and now I’ve not received them with FAB 97. Is there someone at Fanderson I could email about this?

Thanks for the positive comments about the 40 FAB Years cards which were sent with FAB 97. As some of you have rightly deduced, we’ll make up the complete set over the remaining issues of FAB this year. Like everything we produce, they’ll be limited edition, so there’s no guarantee that there will be any left to go on sale, so an incentive to keep your membership going (we hope!).

“I’ve received FAB 97 and the cards. But I’m a bit disappointed that for the second issue in a row I’ve not received a membership badge or membership card.”

As for membership cards and badges, cards are issued when you first start your membership. Twice in the club’s history (as far as I can recall) we’ve redesigned the cards and so they’ve been reissued but it’s not a normal thing to have more than one card.

Badges are another matter, as since 2014 we’ve issued a badge to all members with the first issue of FAB that year. Again, this has been designed as a tactic to encourage members to renew their membership and not let it lapse.

FAB 97 is actually the last issue of the 2020 membership year (which is why we’ve also just sent out hundreds of the Century 21 Complete Puppet Catalogue to renewing members). We’ll be mailing this year’s badge with FAB 98, so as long as you’re included in that mailing, you’ll be sent a badge.

Hi Keith.

“Talking about Fanderson cards I would love to see the club finally issue the remaining Supermarionation cards to complete that set. Any chances?”

We’ve talked about ways to complete that set of cards, but haven’t really come up with a way to do it. The problem is making enough for those who want to complete their set, but not have loads left over so new folk all then also have a part-set that needs completing. To get them produced economically, we need to do quite a large print run, so it’s a tricky one. Any ideas on how to do it would be gratefully received!

Nick

3403 KEITH ANSELL
    Participant

Hi Nick
    Maybe it would be worth asking how many members would be interested in completing their sets of Supermarionation cards and then get a quote from the printers for however many part sets would be required. Then go back to the members with the cost and find out how many would be prepared to buy them.
    Keith

273 stephen brown
    Participant

I think the problem with redoing any part sets is that some members might have more of the original cards than others, (depending on when they joined,availability and so on).
    Thus this forms part of the problem of how many of the, so far unpublished cards to produce.

The last cards produced where 2002 (coming up for 20 years). Realistically many of the members who were with the club then have left, likewise we’ve had many new members join since then who will have never had the cards.

The numbering system of those produced left it very much open as to how many would have finally made up a set.

it is frustrating for those of us around at the time as believe me, I would love to have seen the set finished too.

the only logical way (as I see it) would be to produce a brand new set incorporating those released before). This in itself would be both time consuming to compile and quite expensive to print in the same format. Of course the additional problem then comes with ‘ I bought/acquired many of these cards 20 years ago why would I then pay for them twice just to complete the set’

At present we have a plethora of projects on the go, its difficult enough to keep up with FABs/membership items let alone all the sales projects of which there are quite a few all of which take a great deal of time and resources.

So indeed it becomes a dilemma , as Nick mentioned, all ideas greatly received, there may, or may not be a realistic answer staring us in the face.

stephen Brown
    Fanderson Sales and merchandise

Colour me confused. Am I supposed to have a membership card of any sort? I joined in (I think) 2016. Had all the badges and whatnot since, but no card – unless we’re talking about the pack of cigarette cards packed in with the last issue of FAB?

12304 Geoff Tilley
    Participant

Thanks Nick for the info about the incomplete membership card set. There are about 10 required to complete, that I look forward to seeing with future newsletter issues.

9289 Simon Maxwell
    Participant

My Fanderson membership ended with FAB 98. For financial reasons, I was unable to renew my membership in time for FAB 99. However, I’m hoping I’ll be able to renew my membership for FAB 100. It does mean that I’ve missed the 40 Years cards that were sent with FAB 99. Will there be no way to obtain missed sets of the 40 Years cards? Would it not be possible to put any leftover sets in the Fanderson shop, for example?

Regarding the badges that were sent out with FAB 99 – if I renew in time for FAB 100, will I be sent a badge with that issue despite having missed FAB 99?

Hi Simon.

As you’ll have seen in my reply above “…since 2014 we’ve issued a badge to all members with the first issue of FAB that year. Again, this has been designed as a tactic to encourage members to renew their membership and not let it lapse.” This year’s badge was actually mailed with FAB 99.

Once we’ve finished mailing the 40 FAB Years cards to new members (when we mail FAB 101) we’ll know if we’ve got any left.

Email us once we publish FAB 101 and will know what badges and cards we’ve got left, and we’ll see if we can get you up-to-date.

Nick

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.