Stingray Bluray

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    6906 Nigel Phelan
    Participant

I guess high priced limited editions are needed to keep niche releases viable but this one is slightly OTT, however I’ve gone for the Super Deluxe and while most of Stingray is too juvenile to keep me glued there is enough content to support the release. To be fair if it wasn’t for the physical bonuses that drive up the price I might have waited for a standard release so a good excuse to buy on day one.
    Can’t wait

6906 Nigel Phelan
    Participant

Super deluxe set arrived today. Coloured vinyl, hardback book, new Pixley Bible, other bits and bobs. I’m 10 again.

New documentary, Sylvia interview and loads more. Oh yes, the show in HD too. It’s great to see the series recognised as classic with this type of OTT product even though broadcasters don’t seem to realise.

Likely the bonus disc 5 won’t be included on the standard release so get this while you can. I can’t recommend it enough. Simply magic.

7175 Neil Houghton
    Participant

I got my Super Deluxe set too and it’s superb and well worth the price. Does anyone know if there will be a deluxe set for Thunderbirds as it deserves one?

273 stephen brown
    Participant

No doubt about it, a lovely set and long overdue.
    The extra goodies are a superb bonus with this set, a shame we didn’t get as much with the early releases, notably Captain Scarlet. ot a complaint, just an observation.

I wonder if The Secret Service might get the blu-ray treatment.

6906 Nigel Phelan
    Participant

Not sure how they’re doing it but Rarewaves on ebay are doing the £80 deluxe set for just over £48. And they have at least a dozen copies.

The missing TV21 audios and some ads and other bits will be on the Super Space Theater Blu we’ll receive in the Summer.

I’m guessing that eventually Network will get Thunderbirds too. One can only imagine the package they’ll put together for that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.