We’re delighted to report that FAB 96 was mailed to all members around the world on 25th November. It started to land in UK members’ homes on the 30th, and we hope will be with all members in time for Christmas. Please check our post update before contacting us.
Included in this issue:
- Andrew Pixley’s in-depth look at The Secret Service, and why the series was doomed even without Lew Grade’s critical reaction
- members give their views on Thunderbirds 30 Minutes After Noon in our regular Timelash column, with exclusive Glen Carrick Castle cutaway by Graham Bleathman
- Ian Wheeler’s critical assessment of whether Gerry Anderson should be considered a puppet master or master dramatist
- the third part of Jeff Smart’s recollections of recording the A&E DVD commentaries, including The Secret Service, The Protectors and Terrahawks, and how these then led on to featurettes for Shout! Factory’s releases in 2015
- the third part of our look at UFO in Countdown and TV Action comics, by Ian Fryer
- the second part of our exclusive Thunderbirds Are Go photo-strip by Jonathan Baxter
- FAB news, FAB noticeboard, FAB Review, FAB Mail and more
Also, being mailed so close to what will, for many of us, be a quite unusual Christmas, we’ve included a couple of little seasonal goodies that we hope will make you smile.
Hundreds more members (those who have renewed their membership since FAB 95) will also receive the fantastic Century 21 Complete Puppet Catalogue – our current membership gift. Don’t worry if your membership expires with FAB 96 – as long as we receive your renewal by 1st February 2021 we’ll mail your copy with FAB 97 in the spring.
OOPS! The eagle-eyed among you will notice a small mistake in the ‘rest of the world’ price for The Secret Service soundtrack CD. Rest assured, our shop has the correct price.
How to get FAB magazine? Join Fanderson!
FAB magazine is available exclusively to Fanderson club members – we publish three times a year, and we do our very best to make each issue a joy to read for every fan – regardless of your favourite series!
Once again, we’re mailing FAB magazine in a 100% compostable bag, made from potato and maize starch.
Don’t throw it in your bin, but check with your local recycling and either:
- put it in your home composter
- put it in with your garden waste, or
- use it to line your food waste caddy